Albert Park North in September
I went for a prowl from MSAC to Mac Rob on 8 September. Quite productive with 3 species breeding and 24 species in total for a walk on the Northern end. Here are my snaps, beginning with the route,.
The first Swan family V47 and G89 and 6 cygnets,They went for a a walk ...
... and then a swim. After about 10 minutes the parents bought them back to a spot where they could climb out.
Later on my walk I noticed a couple of spots where soil had been built up in the reed beds and suggest dumping half a trailer load of rocks and/or soil against the wall every 300 m would give the swans and ducklings easy climb out spots.
Moving round to the Lakeside Stadium T28 and V11 were adding to the tally .
Back at Mud Island a single Great Crested Grebe was being decorative.
An Australian White Ibis on Mud Island.
Quite a few of them on Gunn Island.
A well posed group on the S end of the Northern Reed beds.
Back to Mud Island. This shows, the white dot in the centre, Royal Spoonbills on a shrub on the Southern end on Mud Island.
There are two birds there and they seemed quite settled. This looks to me very like a nesting attempt and I have so reported it.
A traditional Bad Feather Day for a Spoonbill.
The only family of Maned Dux I noticed.
Back at Mud Island a single Great Crested Grebe was being decorative.
An Australian White Ibis on Mud Island.
Quite a few of them on Gunn Island.
A well posed group on the S end of the Northern Reed beds.
Back to Mud Island. This shows, the white dot in the centre, Royal Spoonbills on a shrub on the Southern end on Mud Island.
There are two birds there and they seemed quite settled. This looks to me very like a nesting attempt and I have so reported it.
A traditional Bad Feather Day for a Spoonbill.
The only family of Maned Dux I noticed.















Comments
Post a Comment